Thank you for visiting my site! I’m Brenda Hough, an independent library professional, and my vision for 2020 includes helping people who work in and for libraries to:
- Use design thinking to creatively solve problems
- Effectively manage their time
- Become more inclusive and empowering places for people with disabilities
- Create a culture that supports ongoing staff learning and development
- Support workplace physical and mental well being
- Create courses and workshops that are interactive and worthwhile
If you are also focused on one of those things in 2020 and are interested in working together, please get in touch! You can reach me at bckhough (at) gmail.com.
Here’s a brief bio: Brenda Hough is a librarian, writer, and trainer with 25 years of professional experience working in and supporting libraries by providing training and consultation. She is the author of Crash Course in Time Management for Library Staff. She is an adjunct instructor for Emporia State University (KS) and an instructional designer for Infopeople. She has worked for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, WebJunction, the Public Library Association, the Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies, the Northeast Kansas Library System, and more. She helps to create and implement innovative library initiatives on the local, regional, state, and national levels. She has conducted planning sessions and facilitated focus groups, and has been the project manager and team member for numerous library projects from idea to implementation.