Thanks for visiting my site!
In 2019, I am focusing on a number of exciting things professionally, including:
- Consulting and instructional design for Infopeople
- Delivering training related to Time Management for Library Staff
- Facilitating design thinking activities
- Conducting (and helping others learn to conduct) needs assessments
- Helping libraries develop and use staff competencies
- Teaching LI805: Management in Information Organizations for ESU
- Writing projects.
If you are also focused on one of those things this year and are interested in working together, please get in touch! You can reach me at bckhough (at) gmail.com.
Here’s a brief bio: Brenda Hough is a librarian, writer, and trainer with over 20 years of professional experience working in and supporting libraries by providing training and consultation. She is the author of Crash Course in Time Management for Library Staff. She is an adjunct instructor for Emporia State University (KS) and an instructional designer for Infopeople. She has worked for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, WebJunction, the Public Library Association, the Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies, the Northeast Kansas Library System, and more. She helps to create and implement innovative library initiatives on the local, regional, state, and national levels. She has conducted planning sessions and facilitated focus groups, and has been the project manager and team member for numerous library projects from idea to implementation.