There are time management techniques that we can learn and use in order to feel less stressed and more effective. I’m a big believer in the idea attributed to Thomas Edison that genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. The “perspiration” is really being organized, effectively managing priorities, and following through with action items and deadlines.
I’ve written a book called Crash Course in Time Management for Library Staff that is available from Libraries Unlimited.
- Effective Time Management Strategies for Busy Library Staff – full day workshops delivered around Arizona January 2018
- Effective Time Management for Busy Librarians – a 4-week online course for Infopeople
- 4-week Infopeople course Using Technology for Time Management taught in 2012 and 2013
- Tools for Time Management an online session for Ben Franklin Library, Embassy of the United States México. December 2012
- Keeping Afloat (Time Management Techniques in a 2.0 World) pre-conference delivered with Bobbi Newman at Internet Librarian 2009