I have been a librarian for over 20 years. I worked in a public library for the first few years of my career, but since then I have been in what I consider “macro” roles, working in and for organizations that support the people who work in libraries.
Competencies can help staff identify needed skills, knowledge, and abilities. Ultimately, this can improve the ability to meet the needs of a community.
- Updated WebJunction’s Competency Index for the Library Field 2014
- Creating Engaged and Motivated Staff – a PLA webinar delivered with Stephanie Gerding, December 2013
- Completed an evaluation of the Infopeople Eureka! Leadership Program with Social Data Insights 2013 and with Stephanie Gerding in 2014 and 2015.
- Completed an evaluation of the SEFLIN Community of Learning Program with Jim Minges 2010
- Being an Effective Facilitator — webinar delivered 2014 for ASCLA
- Being an Effective Facilitator — webinar delivered June 2013 for NEFLIN
- Being an Effective Facilitator — 90-minute online session delivered 2012 for METRO and for ASCLA
- Crash Course in Time Management for Library Staff – will be available from Libraries Unlimited in April 2017
- Effective Time Management for Busy Librarians – a 4-week online course for Infopeople
- 4-week Infopeople course Using Technology for Time Management taught in 2012 and 2013
- Tools for Time Management an online session for Ben Franklin Library, Embassy of the United States México. December 2012
- Keeping Afloat (Time Management Techniques in a 2.0 World) pre-conference delivered with Bobbi Newman at Internet Librarian 2009
- Project Management – a graduate level course delivered for Emporia State University Fall 2014
- Becoming a Better Project Manager— webinar delivered June 2013 for NEFLIN
- An Introduction to Project Management for Managers — a one-hour session delivered for the Topeka and Shawnee County Library (KS) Aug. 2012
Relevant Work Experience:
Continuing Education Consultant for the Northeast Kansas Library System 2009 – 2012
Staff Development Coordinator for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s US Library Program Technology Trainers 2001-2003