Using libraries, people transform their lives. Support libraries!
- I am a Public Library Association (PLA) trained Turning the Page facilitator.
- Facilitated 6-week online course sessions for the Public Library Association (PLA) from July 2011 – October 2012
- Oklahoma Library Association pre-conference – March 2016
- South Carolina Turning the Page — Fall 2013
- Drafting the Blueprint: Strengthening Relationships Between Library Friends and the Community
A day long workshop delivered in 5 locations around the state of Minnesota in 2012 — sponsored by the Minnesota Association of Library Friends (MALF). Congratulations to MALF on winning the Minnesota Library Associations “Above and Beyond” award for these workhops!
Library Edge Initiative Advocacy Course
- Subject matter expert for course development and facilitator for soft launch training — Fall 2013
LI868 Advocacy and Information Organizations
- Instructor for Emporia State University’s School of Library and Information Management’s course — Summer 2013
Used John Daly’s book Advocacy: Championing Ideas and Influencing Others as course textbook.
Telling the Library Story: Building Support for the Library’s Future
- A 90-minute advocacy workshop for public library directors – delivered for the Northeast Kansas Library System NEST retreat — September 2012
- A 60-minute session for students in the University of Missouri’s School of Information Science and Learning Technology — October 2012