I am the new ASCLA liaison to the ALA Intellectual Freedom Committee and am excited about this new role. I have a lot to learn, but feel passionate about the importance of the work that is being done. In this role, I will be part of a group working on Library Bill of Rights interpretation of Library Service to People with Disabilities.
- ASCLA Accessibility Academy Project Consultant
- Designed framework for future academy sessions
- Created, tested, and delivered initial academy module in 2013: Positive Interactions – Making the Library a Welcoming and Empowering Place for People with Disabilities mentioned in this recent article
- Facilitated Tech on the Spec(trum): Making Libraries More Accessible for Children with Special Needs — a TechSoup for Libraries and Library Edge webinar featuring Holly Jin, Skokie (IL) Public Library
- Instructor for LI 833 — Information Transfer among Special Populations, School of Library and Information Management, Emporia State University